- Bell, Ruth, et. al. Changing Bodies, Changing Lives. New York: Random House, 1980 and later editions.
- Elkind, Daniel. Miseducation: Preschoolers at Risk, New York: Knopf, 1987, and similar writing.
- Gomi, Taro. Everyone Poops. Kane/Miller, 1993.
- Harris, Robie. It’s Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex and Sexual Health. 1994.
- Leach, Penelope. Your Baby and Child. New York: Knopf, 1987 and later.
- Lewis, Rose. I Love You Like Crazy Cakes, (Overseas Adoptions). Little, Brown: Boston, 2000.
- Madaras, Lynn. What’s Happening to My Body, Book for Girls, Book for Boys. New York.
- Mayle, Peter. Where Did I Come From? Carol Publishing, 1990. also on video.
- Middleman, Amy. A Boy’s Guide to Becoming a Teen, Jossey-Bass: San Francisco, CA, 2006.
- Newberger, Eli. The Men They Will Become: the Nurture and Nature of Male Character, Reading, MA: 1999.
- Pantley, Elizabeth. The No-Cry Sleep Solution. McGraw-Hill, 2002
- Schaefer, Valorie, The Care and Keeping of You: the Body Book for Girls. Middleton, WI: Pleasant Co. Publications (American Girl Library), 1998.
- Shelov, Steven, editor. Caring for Your Baby and Young Child. New York: Bantam, 1991 and later.
- Spock, Benjamin. Dr. Spock’s Baby and Child Care, 7th edition., New York: Dutton 1998.
- Voors, William, The Parent’s Book About Bullying, Center City, MN: Hazeldon, 2000
If you have found particular parenting books especially helpful, please email us your recommendations: email@example.com